Floating Power Plant Canarias SL is developing a technology demonstration project at the Plocan test site east of Gran Canaria. The project aims to demonstrate the capabilities of FPPs technology, including showcasing the delivery of clean energy to various applications.
Floating Power Plant Canarias SL (FPP) is looking for an expert in experimental and numerical hydrodynamics to join our fast-growing business and team. If you want to have direct influence and be part of a renewable energy adventure – please send an application in English to email@example.com with the subject "Experimental Engineer".
- Analysis of experimental data and comparisons to numerical models
- Documentation related to experimental tests
- Modeling using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Experience with hydrodynamic simulation tools like WAMIT and OpenFOAM
- Execution of model tests of wave energy devices in wave basins and/or in full-scale demonstration projects
- Knowledge of standards and codes related to hydrodynamic design of offshore structures (IEC, ITTC, DNV,…)
- The applicant must be enthusiastic and self-driven and be able to work independently.
- Fluent in English (Spoken and written)
- Spanish (at least at conversation level) preferable but not required
- Team player
- Experienced computer user (office, CAD, etc.)
- Masters degree (or higher) in Marine engineering, or similar
- Design of wave energy devices
- Must be eligible to work in Spain
The place of work is Gran Canaria, Spain. The applicant must have or be able to take residency in Gran Canaria. Travel and work abroad must be expected.
Floating Power Plant Canarias SL is a subsidiary of Floating Power Plant (FPP)
El asunto del correo debe ser "Oferta laboral Talento Gran Canaria: Experimental Engineer".